Come to the “smartest square km in Europe” to learn about angel investment and innovation
Eindhoven, the home of Philips, is a world-class innovative region. The so-called “Brainport” is becoming famous for developing novel hardware, and one of Eindhoven’s most well-known projects is the Lightyear One, an electric car that charges itself in the sun.
Study Visit participants will benefit from a trip to HealthWorks, a breakthrough healthtech accelerator powered by Philipps. They’ll learn about best practices in business angel syndication and cross border cooperation from a Dutch perspective and benefit from in-depth analyses on health investing and crowdfunding.
After checking out the Netherlands, the Study Visit participants will cross the border to the Ruhr region of Germany on 13 September. There, they’ll have the chance to experience the UNESCO World Heritage Site Zeche Zollverein at Essen and learn about how the area has transitioned from a coal mining hub to a digital hotspot. We’ll travel to the Ruhr Hub, a world-class accelerator for digital start-ups, and discuss how Germany rewards Europe’s business angels. There’ll also be a guided tour at the Impact Hub, an innovative accelerator designed to support social entrepreneurs.
- Betsey Lindsey, Managing Director High Tech Campus XL
- Nils Beers, Managing Director TechLeap
- Business Angels Seed Policy and Seed Capital FundMark Lagendijk RVO
- EIT Health Investors network and Angel fundingGermany Caroline Sai, Angel Santé ParisRené Reijtenbagh, Business Angels Connect/Angelfunding Germany
- Douwe Westervaarder, Matching Capital
- Annegien Blokpoel, Business Angel
- Bernd Mintjes, Business Angel
What do European business angels think about cross-border investment? Watch the video!