The Basics of IR two day course tackles the main issues of the investor relation function in listed companies. On day one we will explore and analyze the ground rules of corporate legal affairs, the mechanics of the capital markets and the role of IR within the company. On the second day we will visit a trading floor, meet with different capital market players and focus on the external reporting and marketing role of Investor Relations. Lecturers are experienced IR Directors and capital market experts who will share their insights on best practices.
After this two day course you will have in-depth insight into effective investor relations and a clear understanding of the nature of being a listed company, as seen from the capital markets’ perspective.
Moderator: Annegien Blokpoel
Day 1 Euronext, Day 2 ING Securities
- Welcome: Hans Leufkens (Euronext)
- “IR & legal aspects” Fons van Lith, Legal Counsel and Director Head IR &CC Dockwise
- “Capital markets: the players & the rules”, Annegien Blokpoel, Director PerspeXo
- “Regulatory aspects of listed companies”, Joost Schutte, partner de Brauw Blackstone Westbroek
- “IR & strategic role”, Jurgen Pullens, Head Corporate Communications & Investor Relations Nutreco
- “How does a broker work?”, Mark de Boer, Head of Western European Equities
- “Perspective of analyst & sales”, Jan Hein de Vroe, Head of Research Western European Equities)
- Visit to trading floor ING Securities
- “IR at Ahold, Henk Jan Ten Brinke, Vice President Investor Relations Ahold
- “IR & External management, Oya Yavuz, Vice President CC & IR Crucell