The Basics of IR two day course tackles the main issues of the investor relation function in listed companies. On day one we will explore and analyze the ground rules of corporate legal affairs, the mechanics of the capital markets and the role of IR within the company. On the second day we will visit a trading floor, meet with different capital market players and focus on the external reporting and marketing role of Investor Relations. Lecturers are experienced IR Directors and capital market experts who will share their insights on best practices.
After this two day course you will have in-depth insight into effective investor relations and a clear understanding of the nature of being a listed company, as seen from the capital markets’ perspective.
Topics & speakers are:
- Capital markets: the players & the rules (Annegien Blokpoel, Director PerspeXo)
- IR & corporate legal aspects (Fons van Lith, Legal Counsel and Director Head IR &CC Dockwise)
- Regulatory aspects of listed companies (Joost Schutte, partner De Brauw Blackstone Westbroek)
- IR in good & bad weather conditions (Henk-Jan Ten Brinke ,Vice President Investor Relations Ahold)
- How does a broker work? (Hans de Haan – Head Large Corporates Sales ABN AMRO)
- Perspective of analyst & sales (Teun Teeuwisse – Head Equity Research ABN AMRO)
Visit to Equity Brokerage & Research desk
- IR & External management (Tjerk Huysinga, Vice President Investor Relations Europe Shell)
- Corporate Communicatie “around corporate events” (Robin Boon, Director Corporate Communications PostNL)